(Online Only through NMU Global Campus)
The master of arts in education: instruction degree is offered as an online program.
The entire program is available online. The program is available to individuals who hold a PK12 teaching certificate, and PK12 administrator certificate, and those who hold a non-teaching bachelor’s degree.
Advanced Subject-Area Content Track
Provides the 18-credit subject-area content required to teach college-level courses in the discipline as outlined by the Higher Learning Commission. Research and Foundations degree requirements available online. The advanced subject-area content degree requirements are available as online or on-campus courses based on the content department’s course delivery method.
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Track
Research and Foundations degree requirements available online. The TESOL degree requirements are currently available as on-campus courses.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree32
- ED 599A Thesis (2-8 cr.)
- Concentration – Chosen from one of the three program tracks
- Pedagogy Track14-15
- ED 541A Improvement of Instruction (3 cr.) or3
- ED 570 Foundations of Reading Instruction (4 cr.) or4
- Advanced Subject-Area Content Track18
- Adviser approval required for all content coursework.
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Track20
- EN 507 Advanced Writing Theory (4 cr.) or4
- EN 510 Teaching Composition (4 cr.)
- Adviser approval required to meet the 32 credit requirement