(Online Only through NMU Global Campus)
The masters of arts in education reading degree is designed to prepare certified K-8 teachers for roles as reading teachers. Completion of the degree qualifies the student for the specialized endorsement in reading on the State of Michigan teaching certificate (Code BT) contingent upon satisfactory completion of the MTTC subject area test and filing the appropriate application at www.michigan.gov/moecs. Students not wishing the MAE degree may elect to pursue the endorsement only by completing 18 credits for the minor from the following courses designated with an asterisk.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree34
- ED 599A Thesis (2-8 cr.)
- ED 462 Literature for Young Adults (3 cr.) * or2-3
- ED 517 Recent Children's Literature (2 cr.) *
- Electives approved by adviser to meet the 34 credit requirement
- ED 509 Proposal Writing (2 cr.)
- ED 583 Learning Technologies (2 cr.)
* The asterisked courses are required for students choosing the BT endorsement only, a total of 18-19 credits.