Master of Business Administration
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree30-32
- MBA Core Requirements18
- Submission and presentation of a portfolio of selected MBA program projects along with an exit examination are required for graduation.
- Without Concentration
- At least 6 credits must be BUS prefix courses.
- Business Analytics Concentration
- Required Analytics Electives7-11
- Choose at least 2 courses:
- BUS 565 Data Mining (4 cr.)
- Students in the Business Analytics track who complete three Required Analytics Elective courses must register for one additional elective course.
- *BUS 595 may be repeated if the topic changes. Up to 6 credits can be selected from graduate courses offered by other NMU departments (outside the College of Business). These courses must be approved by the student’s academic advisor and be included on the student’s Plan of Study.
The following 5 courses have undergraduate course prerequisites:
BUS 540 MKT 230, Introduction to Marketing
BUS 550 MA 109, Introduction to Probability and Statistics
BUS 560 MA 109, Introduction to Probability and Statistics
BUS 570 ACT 240, Principles of Accounting II and MA 171, Introduction to Probability and Statistics
BUS 580 FIN 351, Financial Management I
*Relevant professional experience may be substituted for some or all of the prerequisite courses. Decisions regarding the acceptability of professional experience substitutions will be made by the College of Business in consultation with the faculty member assigned to the course.