Reading Specialist K-12
(Online Only through NMU Global Campus)
The masters of arts in education reading specialist degree is designed to prepare certified K-12 teachers to be a reading specialist. Completion of the degree qualifies the student for the specialized endorsement as a reading specialist on the State of Michigan teaching certificate (Code BR) contingent upon satisfactory completion of the MTTC subject area test and filing the appropriate application at www.michigan.gov/moecs.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree37
- ED 574 Seminar in Educational Research (2 cr.) or2
- ED 599A Thesis (2-8 cr.)
- Approved electives to meet the 37 credit requirement.
- ED 504 Psychology of Education (2 cr.)
- ED 509 Proposal Writing (2 cr.)
- ED 583 Learning Technologies (2 cr.)
- ED 595 Special Topics (3 cr.)
- Or others with adviser approval