Criminal Justice (currently suspended)
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree36
- Criminal Justice Core Requirements20
- *Students who have previously taken CJ 440 Discretionary Justice and/or CJ 470 Liability Law in Criminal Justice will be required to take substitute courses to complete the core requirement. Selection of substitute courses will be subject to approval of the student's graduate adviser/committee.
- Choose 12 elective credits from the following courses.
- Thesis or Comprehensive Exam/Research Paper Requirement4
- CJ 590 and CJ 599 can be taken in segments for students needing additional semesters to complete their research paper.
- **Students selecting the policy paper research option are required to complete a comprehensive exam following completion of their course work and prior to starting their policy paper.