Your FAFSA is received by NMU.
It may take Northern Michigan University up to two weeks to receive your FAFSA information from the date you complete the FAFSA.
- You will be considered for financial aid if you have been admitted to a degree-seeking program.
- NMU financial aid staff checks for problems and/or inconsistencies in your FAFSA application information and may request additional information.
Be prepared for the verification process.
Each year the U.S. Department of Education selects a portion of all FAFSA applicants for verification. If selected, you will be asked to provide documentation to the university confirming the information entered on your FAFSA.
- If you are selected for verification, you will be notified in the comment section of your Student Aid Report.
- NMU's financial aid office will contact you to identify documents needed to complete the verification process.
- You can also view outstanding requirements on your MyNMU account under the financial aid link.
- Further information can be found here.
Complete a Release of Information Form.
In accordance with the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) (20.U.S.C. 1232g), also known as the Buckley Amendment, the Financial Aid Office and the Student Service Center are prohibited from releasing information concerning a student's financial aid, student account status and all financial records without written consent of the student.
If the student would like the Financial Aid Office and the Student Service Center to discuss their financial aid, student account status and all financial records with persons or agencies that are not covered under this law, please complete and sign a Release of Information form.
The Financial Aid Office will be responsible for addressing financial aid information, while the Student Service Center will be responsible for all billing related information.