Gunther C. Meyland Hall LEED® Green Building Certification - Certified
- Erosion and sedimentation control reducing negative impact on water/air quality.
- Alternative transportation: Constructed covered bicycle racks.
- No additional parking constructed.
- Maintain 60% of vegetated open space of site area.
- Storm water management: Prevent approximately 404,200 gallons of storm water from entering the storm sewer system annually.
- Light pollution reduction.
- Reduced regulated water usage by 60%.
Energy & Atmosphere
- Ozone Depletion: The building HVAC&R systems do not use CFC-based refrigerants.
- Building systems commissioning.
Material & Resources
- Campus recycling program.
- Re-used 96% of existing building structure.
- 15% of materials used in construction contained recycled content.
- Diverted 100% of waste from landfill. (Recycled 71 tons of metal.)
- 35% of materials used for construction were regionally manufactured within 500 miles of NMU.
- ASC Certified Wood used in 11% of construction materials. (Wood Doors)
- 98% of occupied spaces have access to exterior views.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Low-VOC materials chosen for construction materials and furnishings.
- Indoor air quality management, even during construction.
- No smoking policy.
- Green housekeeping program.
Architect: Integrated Designs Inc.
General Contractor: Gundlach-Champion Inc.