Magers - Meyland Lobby Renovation
LEED® CI Green Building Certification – Certified
- No additional parking constructed.
- Development density and community connectivity.
- Public transportation access.
- Water use reduction: 34% less than “traditional” building.
- Low flow plumbing fixtures used throughout building.
Energy & Atmosphere
- Ozone Depletion: The building HVAC&R systems do not use CFC-based refrigerants.
- Building systems commissioning.
- Reduced Lighting Power Density for space by 45% below the standard allowable limit.
- Lobby lighting uses LED fixtures and daylight harvesting technology.
Material & Resources
- Campus recycling program.
- Re-used 29% of existing building non-structural interior elements.
- Re-used 100% of existing building shell (roof deck/exterior walls)
- 5% of materials used in construction contained recycled content.
- 10% of materials used for construction were harvested or manufactured within 500 miles of NMU.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Low-VOC materials chosen for construction materials and furnishings.
- Indoor air quality management, even during construction.
- 76% of occupied spaces have day lighting.
- 94% of occupied spaces have access to exterior views.
- No smoking policy.
- Use of MERV 13 filters.
Innovation and Design
- Green housekeeping program.
- Education and Outreach program in place to educate building users on Green Building and LEED.
Architect: Integrated Designs Inc.
General Contractor: Gundlach-Champion Inc.