- 66% of college students know someone personally who was harassed.
- 62% of female college students and 61% of male college students report having been sexually harassed at their university.
- 35% or more of college students who experience sexual harassment do not tell anyone about their experiences.
- 80% of students who experienced sexual harassment report being harassed by another student or former student.
- 39% of students who experienced sexual harassment say the incident or incidents occurred in the dorm.
- 10% or less of student sexual harassment victims report their experiences to a university employee.
(AAUW Educational Foundation’s 2006 research report)
- 31% of the female workers reported they had been harassed at work
- 7% of the male workers reported they had been harassed at work
- 62% of targets took no action
- 100% of women reported the harasser was a man
- 59% of men reported the harasser was a women
- 41% of men reported the harasser was another man
(Telephone poll by Louis Harris and Associates of 782 U.S. workers)