NMU is one of only two universities in Michigan to offer a college degree in robotics. Earn this certificate in just one year! Build, program, install, test and maintain robotic equipment and automated production systems. Great for students who have participated in 1st Robotics Competitions or like investigating how electronics and computers work. Find a career in large industries or small companies, in your choice of locations around the nation and the world.
*Annual salary information based on data on from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
The NMU Advantage
- Learn in an exciting, hands-on environment where creativity is encouraged.
- Earn four certifications: two levels of certifications for robotic operators and two for robotics equipment maintenance.
- Work with the same brand of robots, FANUC, that are used in global industries.
- You will be trained for exactly the skills that are needed in this career. The course curriculum and certifications are developed by FANUC and by NOCTI, the largest provider of industry-based credentials and partner industry certifications for career and technical education programs across the nation.
- Options are being developed to ladder from the certificate program to an associate degree in electrical technology and/or bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, if desired.
- Affordable tuition. Financial aid assistance. Laptop provided to students taking 12+ credits/semester.
Please contact us with any questions.
Robert Kinney, program coordinator