The Earth, Environmental and Geographical Sciences Department faculty and staff cannot over-emphasize how important it is to meet with your academic advisor and to take personal responsibility for understanding your plan of study. In addition to assisting students with their semester schedules, EEGS faculty advisers also do the following:
- Review your unofficial degree evaluation, which contains a record of your completed coursework and grades;
- Process course substitutions and directed study paperwork as needed;
- Help you understand how course sequence, prerequisite coursework, general education requirements, and double-counting affect your plan of study;
- Recommend complementary minors and courses;
- Assist in resolving scheduling issues so that you graduate in a timely fashion;
Summer and Fall 2021 Course Registration
Please be sure that you are prepared for next semester's course registration. The following resources are available to assist you:
- We are not able to hold an in-person Advising Party because of the COVID-19 global pandemic. Students are welcome to contact their advisor or the department head to discuss options in person or remotely.
- The Advising Notes will help you plan ahead for selecting courses.
- Descriptions of each course that we are offering in Fall 2021 are available here.
- Guidelines for how the waitlist works are at https://nmu.edu/registrar/waitlist.
- Current (draft) Course Scheduling Books are available for Summer and Fall 2021 under the heading Current News at this link to the Registrar's homepage. You may also search for the courses through https://mynmu.nmu.edu after the schedule has been finalized.
- Figure out what time your registration window opens at this link. Remember that the time is based on credits already earned, not including credits that are in progress this semester.
- Information on student organizations related to EEGS topics is available here. Note the the NMU Conservation Crew's new email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.