The Earth, Environmental and Geographical Sciences Department faculty and staff cannot over-emphasize how important it is to meet with your academic adviser and to take personal responsibility for understanding your major plan of study. In addition to assisting students with their semester schedules, geography faculty advisers also do the following:
- Keep an updated program planning sheet on file with completed coursework and grades for a student's reference.
- Familiarize students with the concepts of course sequence, course prerequisites, major, minor and liberal studies requirements, double-counting, etc.
- Review a student's degree audit and help to resolve any discrepancies.
- Discuss internship, graduate school, and career opportunities.
Winter 2020 Course Registration
Please be sure that you are prepared for next semester's course registration. The following resources are available to assist you:
- The Advising Party will be held on Monday, Oct. 28, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. in 3710 West Science.
- The Advising Notes will help you plan ahead.
- Current Course Scheduling Books [PDF of draft course offerings for Winter 2020] are available at this link to the Registrar's homepage.
- Figure out what time your registration window opens at this link.