Off Campus Housing List
The information is provided only as an aid in searching for off-campus housing. Northern Michigan University does not guarantee the accuracy of the information contained in the off-campus housing listings. In addition, NMU does not inspect, endorse or sponsor any of the agencies, services, advertisements, properties or landlords listed on this Web site.
Notes for users of this resource:
- NMU is under no obligation to list accommodations and reserves the right to remove listings at any time and without prior notice. The listing of properties is at the sole discretion of this office. NMU assumes no responsibility for contracts/leases between individuals. NMU is not responsible or liable for the consequences of any off-campus student housing arrangement.
- Before renting or signing a lease, be sure that the apartment you are interested in is in compliance with zoning requirements.
Please note: According to zoning requirements, not more than four unrelated individuals can occupy a single unit.
- Be sure the property is registered with the appropriate fire department. (Call the fire department in the area you are interested in--i.e. Marquette, Harvey, Ishpeming, Negaunee, etc.--and ask them.)
- Please read: Tenants and Landlords, a Practical Guide (a publication provided by the Michigan Legislature).
All users of this resource should familiarize themselves with the Fair Housing Act.
- Please note: listings will be removed after two months.
- Become familiar with Marquette's parking ban.