- Do you live in a nearby town (Gwinn, Harvey, Ishpeming, Negaunee, Skandia, etc.)?
- Do you live off campus?
- Do you come to campus for classes at least once per week?
- Do you live near campus in an apartment?
- Do you live in a house with your family?
- Do you own your own home?
- Do you ride the bus to get to campus?
If you answered with at least one “yes” to the above questions, you are a commuter student.
An adult or non-traditional student is not necessarily defined by age (usually over 24); they are also students who may have life circumstances different from the typical traditional student. These circumstances include, but are not limited to students who are:
- married, divorced or once married, now single
- caring for elderly parents
- returning to college after a period of time in the work force or working in their home
- entering college for the first time, not right after high school graduation
- full-time, part-time or seasonal employees
- distance learners