Welcome Commuter and Non-Traditional Students!
Here’s a useful resource guide for students living off campus. Many of the links listed are university links while others are Marquette-area resources. Although they are linked here, the university is not directly affiliated with the listed organizations.
Carpooling and Public Transportation
Need a ride? Willing to give a ride? Want to save on gas? There are many opportunities for carpooling on a daily basis and for weekend trips. There is public transportation available to and from our campus. Located near Wells Fargo in the University Center is a Commuter Connection Board with tips for commuters, and a place to post and find rides. You can also use one of the links below to obtain carpool connections that are available in the area.
Want to find out if there’s a Snow Day? Call the B-R-R-R line (906) 227-BRRR
Popular Study Spots
- Jamrich Hall (All three floors)
- Hedgcock Atrium (3rd floor, in front of Melted)
- Commons Area of Jacobetti Complex
- Northern Center (In front of Barnes and Noble)
- PEIF (2nd floor)
- Superior Dome (near Cats Corner Store)
- Jacobetti Complex* (Commons Area*)
- Harden Hall Lower Level* (Outside the Languages Lab)
- 2nd Floor of Hedgcock* (Between Financial Aid and Admissions)
- 3rd Floor of Hedgcock* (Next to Melted)
- 3rd Floor of Hedgcock (Veteran’s Lounge)
- Art and Design Building* (Main Floor, Room 167)
- PEIF Concessions
* These Locations also have vending machines nearby.
Commuters can purchase an on campus dinning plan here!
- Sundre (Bottom floor of Harden)
- Fierra’s (Bottom floor of Harden)
- Melted (3rd Floor of Hedgcock)
- Wildcat Den (University Center)
- Starbucks (1st Floor of Jamrich)
Getting involved with a student organization is the best way to meet other students on campus! We have around 300 student organizations on campus, so there's something for everyone. If you already have a great idea for a student organization but it doesn't exist? You can start a new one!
Access Spending Money
- ATM machines are in the University Center (Main Floor Near Wells Fargo) and Library Resource Center (Bottom Floor)
- Set up a CatCash account in The Wildcat Express Center, located at the University Center in room 1227
- Full Semester: Built in Lock - Bottom Floor Harden (See Olson Library Main Desk)
- No fee!
- Short Term Borrow: Jacobetti Complex, PIEF Recreation Center, McClintock (See the Music Department)
- Bring your own locks!
Lost Something? Contact Public Safety at (906)227-2151.
Sun Therapy Lamps
- Located throughout campus for year round use. Check the locations here through ASNMU services and programs.