Students who have been approved for testing (including quiz) accommodations are e-mailed a letter which serves as verification for their professors. It is the student’s responsibility to show the faculty member the letter and begin the discussion of how testing accommodations will be arranged.
It is acceptable for faculty to make testing arrangements without involving Disability Services, as long as appropriate accommodations are made.
If the faculty member would prefer that the student take a quiz/test in the Disability Services office, it is the student’s responsibility to make necessary arrangements with the Coordinator of Disability Services, in a timely manner.
It is the Coordinator’s responsibility to maintain the security of the quiz/test if it is taken in Disability Services. Communication between the faculty member and the Coordinator regarding the administration of the quiz/test is very important.
The following is the procedure for a paper exam taken in Disability Services:
- The Coordinator of Disability Services will contact the faculty member about a week before the quiz/test via e-mail regarding testing arrangements. The purpose of this e-mail is to confirm the date and time the student requested to take the quiz/test in Disability Services so that a room and proctor can be arranged.
- The Coordinator will also need to know how the quiz/test will be delivered and how the completed quiz/test should be returned.
- Delivery Options: campus mail, fax, drop off, e-mail.
- Return Options: campus mail, fax followed by campus mail, pick up.
- The faculty member does not need to actually get the quiz/test to Disability Services until just before the exam. There is no rush as long as the Coordinator knows it is on the way.
The following is the procedure for an exam on Educat taken in Disability Services:
- The Coordinator of Disability Services will contact the faculty member about a week before the quiz/test via e-mail regarding testing accommodations. The purpose of this e-mail is to confirm the date and time the student requested to take the quiz/test in Disability Services so that a room and proctor can be arranged.
- The Coordinator will work directly with the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) to make arrangements for the student to have extended test time.
- The Coordinator will set a password for the quiz/test specifically for the student receiving extended test time. At the regularly scheduled date/time of the exam, the test proctor will be responsible for typing in the password for the student taking the quiz/test in Disability Services.
- If the professor prefers to e-mail the quiz/test and would like the student to take it on a scantron sheet, please let the Coordinator know as there are scantron sheets available in Disability Services.
- Please notify the Coordinator of any special testing instructions. Some examples include:
- Use of calculator (include type of calculator, if necessary).
- Use of periodic table.
- Use of notes, textbook, or note card with formulas.
- If one part of exam should be collected before beginning the following part.
- Every effort will be made for the quiz/test to be given at the same time as the rest of the class. If for some reason a different date or time needs to be arranged, the student needs to make arrangements with the faculty member and the Coordinator ahead of time.