We have outlined a step-by-step student checklist to assist you in beginning your Loss Prevention Management degree. Find a downloadable version of the checklist in PDF format and Microsoft Office Word to keep for future reference. Questions in regards to the admissions process should be directed to the Admissions office, questions in regards to computer access should be directed to the Help Desk and any questions regarding advising should be directed to Prof. Robert Hanson or the CJ Department.
- Apply for Enrollment
- Attend Online Orientation -- all students who have been admitted to NMU must attend an orientation session prior to registering for classes.
- Find Financial Aid Available for Online Students
- View Current Tuition and Fees
- Tuition Reimbursement -- In addition to any financial aid you may receive from NMU, we recommend you check with your company agent (usually the Human Resources Office) to determine if you are eligible for any company financial tuition assistance.You may be asked to provide your employer with grades and/or transcripts, in order to obtain your reimbursement.
- Activate NMU User Account -- If you have difficulties activating your account, please contact the NMU Helpdesk at 906-227-2468
- Register for Courses though MyNMU-- Class offerings will be posted to MyNMU approximately one week prior to the pre-registration period. If you are currently enrolled in courses, you will be given first priority for enrolling in courses for the following semester. If you are a new student, you must complete online orientation before you enroll in courses.
- Advising Process -- Contact your advisor, Prof. Robert Hanson or the CJ Department when you have a question about classes or the degree requirements. Download the advising sheet template, complete as much as you can and save a copy to your computer. Attach an updated version of this template when you email Prof. Hanson. You will be required to maintain a current advising sheet to help you track your degree requirements.
- Pay Your Tuition using eBill
- Order Your Textbooks through the NMU Bookstore -- You can elect to purchase your texts from any vendor. Textbooks purchased at NMU's Bookstore can be sold back at the end of the semester if the texts are being used the following semester. The NMU Bookstore also allows students to charge their textbooks to their student account. Rules for charging textbooks to your student account are:
- for online students, two forms of ID not needed, just insert your NMU IN # when ordering your books
- no cash refunds
- student must pay within 30 days to their student account (or set up a payment plan)
- must show two forms of ID
- registered students must be in good financial standing
- $500 limit per semester
- Become Familiar with EduCat -- All students are required to take an "Online Course Preparation Tutorial" before accessing their classes. Make sure to finish the tutorial before classes begin so you don't fall behind in your classwork.
- Start Learning!
If you need further assistance, please contact us at 906-227-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.