Dining Services Information
The latest updates from NMU Dining related to Covid-19 can be found on the NMU Dining website.
Housing & Residence Life Guidance for On-Campus Students
In wake of the university’s response to the Coronavirus, NMU Housing and Residence Life would like to provide direction for all residents in the residence halls and on-campus apartments.
Housing and Residence Life is open and staffed to serve our students. However, we understand that some students may choose to return home during this time.
FOR STUDENTS WHO PLAN TO LEAVE: If you decide to leave for a portion or the duration of the university’s online class window, please do the following to your apartment or residence hall room:
- Turn heat to 3 (2 in the Woods)
- Shut and lock all windows
- Remove all food that may spoil in your room and fridge
- Close blinds
- Unplug electrical appliances (except refrigerators and fish tanks)
- Turn off all lights (and ceiling fan)
- Take out all trash
- Lock your room
FOR STUDENTS WHO PLAN TO STAY: Resident Advisors and Community Advisors, along with Resident Directors, will continue to staff the buildings along with our facility staff. The Housing Office will also continue to be open. It is “business as usual” for the staff. Please let us know if you need anything or have any concerns.
- OVERNIGHT GUESTS: For students who are continuing to stay with us, please know that we continue to have staff and services available to you. However, to help aid in preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus and due to potential staff reduction, overnight guests will not be permitted at this time.
- SERVICES PROVIDED: At this time, our front desks will continue to operate as they have all semester. If this changes, we will provide updates to our residents. Services at the desks will also continue to be the same. Providing mail services, toilet paper, resource information and security will continue to be the mission for our front desks. Residents, RAs and CAs will continue to provide programming in our communities. Our efforts will focus on smaller groups of residents (under 100) and will promote health, personal development, relationships and social opportunities.
- ROOM CHANGES: Starting immediately, all requests for room changes must be made only through your Resident Directors. These requests will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- APARTMENT SIGN UP: For those students who were planning on signing up for a different apartment for the Fall 2020 semester, our sign-up process will be suspended. We will notify students of when we will proceed with apartment sign up.
Our staff will continue to work to provide you with a safe environment where relationships are fostered and community develops. Staff are here for you and if there is anything we can help you with, please let us know.