NMU Sports Complex closed until future notice
As part of its response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the campus sports complex, the PEIF Recreation areas, and Fit Zone are closed until future notice. The NMU Sports Complex includes the Superior Dome, Physical Education and Instructional Facility (PEIF) and Berry Events Center.
- Bike, ski and snowshoe checkout continues from the Fit Zone area.
- Walking program at the Superior Dome for community members is suspended.
NMU's 'Cats' and Summer Theater Postponed
Northern Michigan University's Forest Roberts Theatre will postpone its production of Cats and cancel its summer North Coast Theatre Festival in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Read the full press release from Northern Today.
Northern Center Events
For questions about events at the Northern Center sponsored by external (non-NMU groups), contact the Northern Center at 906-227-2623. In general, decisions about whether to hold the event will be made by the sponsoring organization.
DeVos Art Museum Temporarily Closing March 16
The health and safety of the community is our highest priority. As such, the museum will close for three weeks beginning on Monday, March 16, so that we can thoroughly and thoughtfully respond to the escalating impact of COVID-19. We plan to reopen the museum on April 4. Museum events—tours, lectures, workshops, etc.—will remain on hiatus through April 3. We recognize that the situation is dynamic—and that the repercussions of the virus could be felt for some time. We will continue to reach out with updates.
Canceled: Wildcat Weekend
Due to the risk of spreading the COVID-19 (Corona) virus, Northern Michigan University has decided to cancel the Wildcat Weekend event planned for March 13-14, 2020. All registrants for the event were contacted via email regarding the cancelation, and the admissions office is encouraging prospective students and their families to contact them to discuss other campus visit options. They can be reached by calling 906-227-2650 or emailing email@example.com.
Canceled: An Evening with David Harbour
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, David Harbour has been canceled.
Full refunds will be automatically done. If you don't get your refund by Friday, April 10, please contact the Berry Events Center Ticket Office at (906) 227-1032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listing of Canceled, Postponed, or Rescheduled Events
This list will be updated as information becomes available. If an event should be added to this list please send the canceled event information to email@example.com.
- Annual Employee Recognition Event (April 22) - postponed until the Fall
- Bowling for Soup & We the Kings concert (April 16 ) - Canceled
- Campus Cinema (Through March 30) - Canceled
- Cardboard Classic (March 20) - Canceled
- Celebration of Student Scholarship (April 9) - Canceled
- David Harbour (March 17) - Canceled, trying to reschedule for the Fall
- Diet Cig and Charmer (April 3) - Canceled
- Diversity Common Reader activities (Week of March 23-27) - Canceled
- HR New Automation Open House (March 18) - postponed until April or May
- Mulan (April 1) - Canceled
- Spread Goodness (March 12 & 13) - Canceled
- Superior Edge Logging Party (March 12) - Canceled
- Wildcat Weekend (March 13-14) - Canceled
- Women in Construction Career Exploration Day (April 17) - Canceled
Information about campus events can be found on NMU's master calendar.