The BRC (Basic Rider Course)
Fri-Sun, 20 hr. weekend
Cost: $50.00 Non-refundable fee.
Who should take the BRC?
• New riders with little or no experience seeking a license endorsement. [Successful
riders receive a completion waiver, good for one year, for the riding skills portion of the
state motorcycle endorsement test.The written portion of the test is required.]
• Riders who have twice failed the SOS third party skills test.
• Experienced riders who have never had formal training and want to update their skills.
This class focuses on the development of the basic riding skills; turning, shifting and braking. Motorcycles are provided. There are approximately 20 hours of instruction - 8 classroom hours and 12 on the range.
Student age: Participants must be at least 15 years of age and have a valid (Level 1, 2 or 3 graduated driver license.) For students under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign a participation waiver which must be returned to the instructor before the student will be allowed on the range.
Class and Range
• Class sessions start on Friday 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., LOCAL TIME, except for Houghton - start time is 6:30 p.m. on Friday.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time.
• Saturday and Sunday start at 7:45 a.m. Both days are divided between range and
class and may last through 6 p.m.
• Bring a bag lunch, snacks and plenty of fluids as this course is physically demanding.
• You must possess the signed liability waiver form to be admitted to the class.
• To participate on the riding range, you must wear protective clothing.