Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Truck Driving Program
NMU is proud to announce its new CDL Truck Driving Program! Coming Soon!!
CDL driving positions remain high in demand and often offer high wages and benefits.
Data shows demand for this occupation will rise over the next ten years.
As of February 7, 2020, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) will enforce the Entry Level Driver Training Rule. This rule will require comprehensive national minimum training standards for entry-level commercial truck and bus operators seeking to obtain a CDL. This ruling will affect anyone looking to obtain a CDL and all businesses with unfilled CDL driver needs.
NMU's curriculum will match federal requirements in anticipation of the FMCSA ruling.
This course will be offered through the Continuing Education & Workforce Development Department at Northern Michigan University.
- The curriculum will match federal requirements in anticipation of the FMCSA ruling.
- Students will train in our conveniently located classroom/lab at the Jacobetti Complex.
- All driving will be done with our industry specific semi-trucks.
- Classes are limited to 12 students per session.
- Course will be taught by a Certified Driver Education Provider.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must not have any disqualifying suspensions on your license within the last 3 years.
- Must qualify to obtain a valid Commercial Learner's Permit (highly recommended to obtain before classes start).
- Must have documentation of a valid DOT physical and drug screen before the class starts.
- Not Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Each course will be 5 weeks; Monday - Friday; 8 hours daily.
- Session 1: May 21, 2018 - June 22, 2018
- Session 2: July 9, 2018 - August 10, 2018
- Session 3: August 20, 2018 - September 21, 2018
- Session 4: March 18, 2019 - April 19, 2019
The cost is $4000 per session. Must be paid in advanced. Once course has started there are no refunds.
This will include classroom and driving instruction. Course book will be $50.
Payment plans can be arranged, but must be paid in full by the start of the course.
Funding assistance may be available through local resources.
Registration: Registration will open soon.
To register, complete this registration form and return by mail, email or fax.
Address: Northern Michigan University
Continuing Education & Workforce Development
1401 Presque Isle Ave.
Marquette, MI 49855
Phone: (906) 227-2103 or Fax: (906) 227-2108