Every job seeker, whether a new college graduate or a seasoned professional, needs a resume. Resumes document your accomplishments, highlight your skills, provide your employment history, supply reference information for those who can support your job search, and allow you to track your professional career.
Need help with your resume?
- Attend a Resume Workshop (click here for a current schedule.)
- To view a general resume outline, key rules for resumes, and a list of sample resumes, please click here.
- For frequently asked questions regarding resumes, click here.
- View resume resources in Cat Career Tracks/Handshake (click on 'Career Center' in the top menu, then 'Resources').
- To review your resume with a staff member in Career Services, schedule an appointment by calling 906-227-2800 or visiting our office at (3302.3 C.B. Hedgcock).
When your resume is polished:
- Upload it to your Cat Career Tracks/Handshake account. Click on your name in the upper right corner, and then click 'Documents' on the dropdown menu.
- Consider sharing your profile/resume with employers (if you choose to do so). By allowing your account to be visible to employers allows your resume to show up when an employer searches for specific criteria (i.e. your major, class standing, etc.). This could be your first impression on an employer, so it's important that your resume is up-to-date and looks good. You can choose this option by clicking on your name on the top menu, then 'My Profile,' then choose 'Make Profile Public.'
- Get copies of your resume printed for free on high-quality paper - come to the Career Services office, 3302.3 C.B. Hedgcock.
Cat Career Tracks/Handshake also allows you to:
- Search and apply for job opportunities online 24/7 (save frequent searches, receive emails when a job fits a saved search)
- Access personalized job recommendation based on your major and interests
- Manage multiple resumes, cover letters, and other employment-related documents
- Sign up for on-campus interviews
- View upcoming events - job fairs, workshops, etc.
- Students: Log into MyNMU and click on Cat Career Tracks under the Student Services tab. Alumni click here to log in.