Necessary Documents

Necessary Documents

Before you can work on-campus or off-campus, you are required to file certain documents with your employer.  The chart below notes which forms are required and where you can get them.



Get The Form


Documents that you are eligible to work in the United States. 
Page 1 - Must be completed on or before the first day of work.
Page 2 - Must be verified by the department within 3 days of starting work. 

*NMU is transitioning to a LawLogix Electronic I-9 system. 

Click Here

Federal W-4 Documents the appropriate federal withholding tax.

Click Here

Michigan W-4 Documents the appropriate state withholding tax.

Click Here

Direct Deposit Authorization Form Allows employees to have their net pay conveniently deposited into their bank account Click Here

While most on-campus offices will have these forms available, you can save time by downloading a copy of each form, filling it out, and bringing it with you to the office that has hired you.  They will make sure the form is forwarded to NMU Payroll (required before you will be paid).