Handshake for On-Campus Departments:
Handshake is a great tool for on-campus departments wishing to post student jobs/internships and to sign up for job fairs. It's also a great tool for students! Students can search for job opportunities (part-time, full-time, internships, on-campus, off-campus, summer/seasonal, etc.), sign up for on-campus interviews, view upcoming events, and more!
If you would like to post student jobs:
- Follow the instructions here.
- When you're ready to post a job:
- Log in at https://app.joinhandshake.com.
- Simply click on 'Jobs,' then 'Create Job.'
- When you post a job, you will be given the option to choose your division/department.
- You may choose how you would like students to apply (via Handshake; email resume, application and/or availability; apply in person). If you are requiring an application, make sure to attach the correct application.
- You may indicate if Federal Work-Study (FWS) is required or not. Please note: Student's FWS eligibility does not show in Handshake due to federal regulations. Therefore, Handshake will show that no students are eligible for FWS. You may check in Banner, or with the Financial Aid office, to verify FWS eligibility.
- A step-by-step guide on posting jobs can be found here.
- The Student Employment Handbook can be found here.
If you would like to show students what jobs are available and you are an NMU alum:
- Create an alumni account - https://nmu.joinhandshake.com
- Click on 'Sign up for an Account'
- Choose 'Student/Alumni'
- A step-by-step guide on creating your alumni account can be found here.
- When signing in to your alumni account, log in at https://nmu.joinhandshake.com. Don't click on the 'Northern Michigan University Login' link (that link is for students only). Use the 'Log In Using email and Password.'
If you would like to show students what jobs are available and you are not an NMU alum:
- Email email@example.com with your name, phone number and department, and we will set you up with a student account.
For a list of tutorials and Frequently Asked Questions, click here.