Join us for Graduation Prep. Week: March 9-18
We're focusing on what it takes to get you from college to career - how to find a job, how to dress professionally in your field, resume reviews, the Winter Semester Job Fair, and more! We have great activities geared towards students and alumni of any field or major - so check out the schedule below and join us! (Click the title of each activity for more information.)
- Daily March 9-18 - Social Media Tip-of-the-Day
- Tuesday, March 10, 4-5 p.m. - Skillbuilder: How to Find a Job, 2303 C.B. Hedgcock
- Tuesday, March 10, 5:30-6:30 p.m. - What Not to Wear Workshop, 2303 C.B. Hedgcock
- Wednesday, March 11, 12-3 p.m. - ASNMU Pop-Up Career Closet, Jamrich Hall 1100 Lobby
- CANCELLED - Thursday, March 12, 3:30-5 p.m. - Resume Review Table, Jamrich Hall 1318 Lobby
- CANCELLED - Wednesday, March 18, 1-4 p.m. - Winter Semester Job Fair, Northern Center Grand Ballroom
*Please check back for possible additional events.
- Check our social media sites daily--special tips-of-the-day March 9-18.
- Each of our social media sites:
Facebook - @CareerServicesNMU
Twitter - @NMUCareerServic
Instagram - @NMUCareerServices
- Tuesday, March 10, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- 2303 C.B. Hedgcock
- Anxious about finding work in your field? Having difficulty sorting out the most effective ways to search? Don't be discouraged! This workshop will teach you tips and tricks to get you well on your way to the job you want!
- Please register at www.nmu.edu/skillbuilders.
- Tuesday, March 10, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- 2303 C.B. Hedgcock
- Not sure what you should wear to a job interview or other career event in your field? Come to this workshop to find out! This event is brought to you by ASNMU and Career Services.
- Wednesday, March 11, 12:00-3:00 p.m.
- Jamrich Hall 1100 Lobby
- The Career Closet is a program where students can look through donated professional clothing to find an outfit for an interview or other professional event. Students can take home one professional outfit per semester, free of charge. Stop by the Pop-Up Career Closet to find your outfit!
- Thursday, March 12, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Jamrich Hall 1318 Lobby
- Get tips, tricks and drop-in assistance with your resume, whether you're just getting started or think it's set to go (and just want to get another quick opinion).
- Wednesday, March 18, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Northern Center Grand Ballroom
- The Winter Semester Job Fair is marking its 30th anniversary this year! This fair brings together students and employers from the Midwest to explore today's exciting job outlook. Many employers will be interviewing students for positions with their organizations. This is an opportunity for employers to share information with NMU students (not necessarily just soon-to-be graduates) about a wide range of career possibilities. Remember to dress for success and bring your resume and NMU ID!
- For more information, click here.