Secondary Education Mathematics Major
Completion of the mathematics courses and the professional education sequence of courses lead to certification as a secondary teacher of mathematics.
Students with a major in secondary education mathematics must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major34-38
- MA 371 Probability (3 cr.)
- One 300-level MA course (exclude courses with middle digit of 5)3-4
- Two 400-level MA courses6-8
- Other Required Course4
- Professional Education33
This major does not require a minor.