Secondary Education Earth Science Major (currently not accepting students)
New students will not be accepted into the program at this time. Contact department for more information.
Teaching certification is obtained by completing a major in earth science, a teaching minor and the professional education sequence. Advising for this major is provided by the Geography Department and the School of Education when enrolling in education courses.
Students with a major or minor in secondary earth science education must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree137
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major36
- Choose from the following:8
- GC 202 Soils (4 cr.)
- GC 370 Geomorphology (4 cr.)
- GC 425 Remote Sensing (4 cr.)
- Teaching Minor, minimum20-22
- Choose from biology education, chemistry education or physics education.
- Other Required Courses12-13
- Choose two courses from the following that are not in the selected minor.8-9
- Professional Education37
Note: MA 111 College Algebra for Calculus Preparation is required for many of the courses in this program.