Public Relations Major
This major is a professional program designed to meet, and in some cases surpass, the Public Relations Society of America’s Guidelines for Undergraduate Education. It teaches the kind of research, writing, planning and budgeting skills that students need to succeed in the job market and allows them to employ these skills on behalf of a variety of clients.
All department majors must maintain a 2.50 grade point average in the major and earn at least a “C-” in all major courses that are required for graduation, unless otherwise noted.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Public Relations Core30
- PR 492 Internship in Public Relations (1-8 cr.)2
- Select one course from the following:4
- PR Theoretical Electives16
- Choose four courses from the following:
- BC 470 Mass Communication Law (4 cr.)
- MGT 344 Managerial Communication (4 cr.)
- MGT 475 International Business (4 cr.)
- MKT 430 Services Marketing (4 cr.)
- MKT 438 Marketing Management (4 cr.)
- MKT 466 International Marketing (4 cr.)
- PR 432 Environmental Campaigns (4 cr.)
- SP 320 New Media Literacy (4 cr.)
This major does not require a minor.