Physical Education - Coaching Major
Prepares students through the acquisition of knowledge, the development of physical skills and a positive attitude toward activity and fitness that will enable them to perform effectively as physical educators and coaches.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree122
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major61
- PECO Electives6-7
- *PE theory courses, *HPE 250-260, PE 330. HP 200 or activity course. HL 111, HL 315, HL 369/367, HN 210, HN 310, HS 330. Aquatics, dance, outdoor recreation approved courses.
- Coaching Internship Requirement
- PE 491 Workshop in Physical Education (1-2 cr.)2
- PE 492 Internship in Physical Education (1-2 cr.)8