Secondary Education History Major
Completion of this major’s required history courses and the professional education sequence leads to certification as a secondary school teacher in history.
Students with a major in secondary education history must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major40
- History Electives16
- No more than four credits at the 100 level.
- No more than four credits at the 200 level.
- Minimum of four credits at the 400 level.
- Other Required Course4
- Professional Education33
This major does not require a minor.