Building Technology - Associate of Applied Science
This program is designed to provide the student with a technical foundation with specialization in the areas of project design, building materials, construction systems and related documents.
Students majoring in building technology must have a minimum grade of "C" and a grade point average of 2.25 for all technical concentration courses.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree60
- General Education*16
- General Education Electives12
- Choose 12 credit hours from the following categories:
- Effective Communication Elective (4-8 cr.)
- Social Responsibility in a Diverse World Electives (4-8 cr.)
- Integrative Thinking Elective (4 cr.)
- Human Expression Elective (4 cr.)
- Perspectives on Society Elective (4 cr.)
- Scientific Inquiry Elective (4 cr.)
- Technical Concentration26
- Other Required Courses4
* EN 111 and EN 211 are encouraged, if continuing on for a baccalaureate degree.
** CN 252m is strongly encouraged for students who wish to pursue the 60 hours of pre-licensure training required to obtain a Michigan Builders License.
*** General elective number of credits may vary, a minimum of 60 credits are required for the A.A.S. degree.