Biology Major - Physiology Concentration
This concentration is appropriate for pre-professional students in pre-medicine, pre-dentistry, pre-veterinary medicine, pre-optometry and physical therapy. It provides a foundation for introductory positions of employment in such fields as biomedical research, food and drug manufacturing, nutrition and sports physiology. It can also serve as a basis for graduate studies in developmental biology, physiological ecology, embryology and molecular biology.
A 2.00 grade point average is required for all biology courses taken in the department. Exceptions must be requested via petition to the department’s academic programs committee.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- Biology Core24
- Other Required Courses19-20
- See Biology Major for complete list of required courses.
- Physiology Concentration32-34
- Core Courses for Physiology Concentration24-26
- Any Chemistry Course 200 Level or Above4
- Electives for Physiology Concentration8
- Choose eight credits from the following:8
- BI 203 Medical Microbiology (3-5 cr.)
- BI 221 Comparative Anatomy (4 cr.)
- BI 288 Research in Biology (1-4 cr.)
- BI 303 General Microbiology (5 cr.)
- BI 321 Embryology (4 cr.)
- BI 327 Animal Physiology (4 cr.)
- BI 404 Virology (3 cr.)
- BI 405 Immunology (3 cr.)
- BI 406 Advanced Cell Biology (4 cr.)
- BI 412 Biostatistics (4 cr.)
- BI 418 Molecular Biology (4 cr.)
- BI 419 Biology of Cancer (4 cr.)
- BI 420 Neuroscience (4 cr.)
- BI 423 Parasitology (3 cr.)
- BI 425 Endocrinology (4 cr.)
- BI 426 Human Histology (4 cr.)
- BI 446 Genomics (4 cr.)
- BI 488 Advanced Research in Biology (1-4 cr.)
This major does not require a minor.