Secondary Education Geography Major (currently not accepting students)
New students will not be accepted into the program at this time. Contact department for more information.
Teaching certification is obtained by completing a major in geography, a teaching minor and the professional education sequence. Advising for this major is provided by the Geography Department.
Students with a major or minor in Secondary Education Geography must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree123
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major34
- GC 310 Urban Geography (4 cr.) or
- GC 316 Geography of Tourism (4 cr.) or
- GC 360 Population Geography (4 cr.)
- GC 337 Computer Cartography (4 cr.) or
- GC 425 Remote Sensing (4 cr.) or
- GC 428 Spatial Analysis (4 cr.)
- Other Required Courses12
- Teaching Minor, minimum20-24
- Professional Education33