Secondary Education Earth Science Major
Teaching certification is obtained by completing a major in earth science, a teaching minor and the professional education sequence. Advising for this major is provided by the Geography Department and the School of Education when enrolling in education courses.
Students with a major or minor in secondary earth science education must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree137
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major36
- Choose from the following:8
- GC 202 Soils (4 cr.)
- GC 370 Geomorphology (4 cr.)
- GC 425 Remote Sensing (4 cr.)
- Teaching Minor, minimum20-22
- Choose from biology education, chemistry education or physics education.
- Other Required Courses16-17
- Choose two courses from the following that are not in the selected minor.8-9
- Professional Education37
Note: MA 104 College Algebra with Applications or MA 111 College Algebra for Calculus Preparation is required for many of the courses in this program.