Athletic Coaching Education
Prepares students through the acquisition of knowledge, the development of physical skills and a positive attitude toward activity and fitness that will enable them to perform effectively as coaches in a variety of sports.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major42
- Coaching Internship (6-12 cr.)
- (Highly Recommended)
- PE 491 Workshop in Physical Education (1-2 cr.)
- PE 492 Internship in Physical Education (6-12 cr.)
Recommended Electives - 15-25 cr.
ES 475, HL 111, HL 230, HL 369/367, HL 420, HN 210, HN 310, HP 200,
HPE 250, 260, 270, 280, 290, PE 310, PE 346, PE 375.