Management Major - Bachelor of Science
This program’s objectives are to provide a theoretical base as well as the working applications of management; the ability to critically evaluate managerial actions; and the ability to apply managerial decision-making skills to future situations. Leaders with an appreciation for the forces active in complex organization, worker effectiveness and operating efficiencies are the foundation of any successful enterprise. Positions include job titles such as management consultant, quality control manager, director of planning and employee relations manager.
Students must obtain a 2.00 GPA in their (combined) business core and major courses as well as a 2.00 cumulative Northern Michigan University GPA.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Business Core*32
- Management Electives16
- Choose from the following:
- MGT 215 Entrepreneurship (4 cr.)
- MGT 228 Customer Service (2 cr.)
- MGT 341 Event Planning (2 cr.)
- MGT 342 Event Management (2 cr.)
- MGT 355 Methods of Training (4 cr.)
- MGT 425 Business Research (4 cr.)
- MGT 475 International Business (4 cr.)
- MGT 491 Internship in Management (1-4 cr.)
- MGT 495 Special Topics in Management (1-4 cr.)
- MGT 498 Directed Study in Management (1-4 cr.)
- Other Required Courses28
*Courses in business core cannot be double counted toward another major or minor.
This major does not require a minor.