Multimedia Journalism Major
The Multimedia Journalism major will help students acquire the writing and research skills necessary for providing audiences with compelling and relevant stories in a variety of media formats. Students will learn how to create content for broadcast, magazines, newspapers and online publications. In addition to receiving intensive writing instruction, students will gain an understanding of the technical, aesthetic and legal elements of this field.
All department majors must maintain a 2.50 grade point average in the major and earn at least a “C-” in all major courses that are required for graduation, unless otherwise noted.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major37*
- Major Core33
- BC 491 Broadcast Practicum2
- BC 492 Internship in Broadcasting (1-8 cr.)
- EN 491 Internship (2-6 cr.)
- Major Elective4
- Choose one course from following:4
- AD 134 Computer Art: Foundations (4 cr.)
- BC 495 Special Topics in Broadcasting (1-4 cr.)
- EN 495 Special Topics (1-4 cr.)
- PS 480 Media and Politics (4 cr.)
- SP 320 New Media Literacy (4 cr.)
- Recommended General Education Courses
*Credits required may vary depending on courses transferred from other schools (e.g. 3 cr. vs. 4 cr. courses).
This major does not require a minor.