Information Assurance and Cyber Defense - Associate of Business
This program provides a basic foundation of knowledge in the computing area and the ability to apply computer theory to business applications especially in the area of cyber defense. Graduates find employment in organizations ranging from small firms to large corporations as computing technicians, security analysts, providers of help desk services and software trainers.
Associate degree students must earn a 2.00 grade point average in all business courses. Information Assurance and Cyber Defense associate degree students must earn a minimum grade of “C-” in each CS/CIS/IS course applying to their associate degree.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree60
- General Education20
- General Education Elective*4
- Required Courses in Major24
- Computer Information Systems Core20
- CS 120 Computer Science I (4 cr.)
- Business Electives4
- Choose 4 credits from College of Business courses 100-299 not otherwise required.
- College of Business Electives4
- Other Required Courses12
- SP 110 Interpersonal Communication (4 cr.) or
- SP 120 Small Group Process (4 cr.)
- General Electives4
- Recommended Courses:
- CS 101 Web Site Construction (4 cr.)
- EC 201 Microeconomic Principles (4 cr.) **
- EC 202 Macroeconomic Principles (4 cr.) **
*General Education electives must be taken outside the College of Business.
**If transfering to a CIS bachelor of science degree program after associate graduation, EC 201 and EC 202 should be taken as electives.