CLS Concentration: Microbiology
Students with this concentration will earn their CLT certification and will then be eligible for national microbiology categorical certification. Graduates traditionally serve in microbiology labs in hospitals and clinics, public health labs, as well as in research and industrial laboratories.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree125
- Courses Required for Concentration62
- Concentration Core Courses44
- Other Required Course in Concentration18
- BI 404 Virology (3 cr.) or3-5
- BI 303 General Microbiology (5 cr.)
*See Clinical Laboratory Science Major for a complete list of required courses.
**Prerequisites are CH 111 and CH 112.