Automotive Service Certificate
Develops quality repair and service technicians for the transportation industries. The automotive service certificate prepares students for positions in automotive servicing, parts sales, and service.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit Gainful Employment Information.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree48
- Technical Foundation*24
- Choose one pathway from the following:
- Pathway 1
- Automotive Technician*24
- Includes completion of technical foundation and all AUT courses listed below for employment in the automotive technician pathway.
- Pathway 2
- Mobile Equipment Technician*24
- This pathway requires all courses listed under the technical foundation plus an approved combination of AUT courses listed in pathway 1 and specialty courses listed below.
- Specialty courses not listed below may be considered at the discretion of faculty.
- Course selection determined by faculty, student, and industry representative resulting in specific training for outcomes not attainable by another established automotive major.
- Required Course4
- Specialty Courses20
- AUT 295 Special Topics4
*Students must have a minimum grade of “C” and a grade point average of 2.25 for all technical concentration courses.