Sustainable Business and Enterprise Creation Major
The Bachelor of Science degree in Sustainable Business and Enterprise Creation combines three important areas of education to prepare students for careers in socially responsible enterprises.
Graduate preparation includes:
- A knowledge of economic analysis. This prepares students to utilize economic analysis to problems in sustainable business faced by for-profit and non-profit organizations.
- A knowledge of environmental science and policy. Graduates will understand the social and political climate as well as scientific issues in sustainability and free enterprise.
- A knowledge of successful business and management principles. This preparation will provide the skills to succeed in business structured organizations.
Sustainable and Enterprise Creation is a way of doing business that makes profits through means that reduce harm to society and the environment. It turns challenges into business opportunities that serve a triple bottom line of profits, society and the environment.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Foundation Courses36
- Major Course52*
- Students must complete at least 8 credits in 300-400 level courses.*
- Student must complete 20 credits in two of the following areas and 12 credits in the other.
- Science Focused12-20
- GC 220 Economic Geography (4 cr.)
- GC 310 Urban Geography (4 cr.)
- GC 317 Geography of Food Systems (4 cr.)
- GC 360 Population Geography (4 cr.)
- GC 424 Environmental Justice (4 cr.)
- BI 240 Conservation Biology (4 cr.)
- CH 112 General Chemistry II (5 cr.)
- CH 215 Chemistry of the Elements (4 cr.)
- Economics & Policy, Indoor Ag & Renewable Energies12-20
- EC 202 Macroeconomic Principles (4 cr.)
- EC 320 Money and Banking (4 cr.)
- EC 330 Law and Economics (4 cr.)
- EC 415 Labor Economics (4 cr.)
- IA 250 Future Farmers (3 cr.)
- FIN 351 Financial Management I (4 cr.)
- PR 432 Environmental Campaigns (4 cr.)
- Additional choice(s) from the above categories may be used as electives to meet 120 credit hours total with approval of advisor.
- Other Required Courses12
- Other Recommended Courses
- Some courses may also fulfil General Education requirements.