Theatre Technology and Design Major - Bachelor of Fine Arts
A focused program of study specializing in the areas of technology and design for the theatre and entertainment world. Admittance into the Bachelor of Fine Arts Theatre Technology and Design program will occur in sophomore year based off of an interview and portfolio submission. When admitted into the BFA, a student will choose one of six different disciplines in which to study. The program culminates in a capstone project resulting in a realized theatrical design.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Courses Required in Major71
- BFA Core27
- TH 134 Acting for BFA (2 cr.)
- TH 260 Dramatic Lit (4 cr.)
- One credit repeated four times.
- Technology and Design Foundation24
- Intermediate Courses8
- Choose 8 credits from the following:8
- TH 333 Scenic Painting (2 cr.)
- TH 334 Casting and Molding (2 cr.)
- TH 340 Programming for Lighting (2 cr.)
- TH 341 Stage Properties (2 cr.)
- Advanced Courses12
- Choose 12 credits from the following:12
- TH 331 Advanced Stagecraft (4 cr.)
- TH 440 Advanced Lighting Design (4 cr.)
- TH 441 Advanced Scenic Design (4 cr.)
- TH 443 Advanced Costume Design (4 cr.)
- TH 453 Advanced Stage Management (4 cr.)
- General Electives9-19
This major does not require a minor.