RN to Baccalaureate Nursing Major
Online Only through NMU Global Campus
This degree is designed for students who already hold a RN license, but who have not completed a baccalaureate program. See admission and retention standards for this program outlined above. Credit for a maximum of 47 semester hours will be granted towards required courses in major to those individuals transferring from an accredited nursing program or community college.
Students majoring in nursing must maintain a minimum 2.25 NMU cumulative grade point average and must complete all nursing courses with a minimum grade of “C”, or “S” when the course is graded "S/U".
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major63
- Note: 47 credits of advanced placement are provided to RN to BSN students who hold an RN license and an associate degree in nursing. RN to BSN students take 16 credits of coursework during their time at NMU from the list below which include NU 311, NU 411, NU 414, NU 421, NU 441, NU 454. Other listed courses are covered through advanced placement credit.
- Other Required Courses**26
- BI 203 Medical Microbiology (3-5 cr.)3
*Students are required complete 120 credits in total, 32 credits at NMU, and meet the general education requirements thus additional courses may be required and will be determined on an individualized basis.
**The Other Required Courses requirement will be waived for students who possess both a current unencumbered RN license from any state within the US and an Associate Degree in Nursing.
The Nursing Department accepts biology courses (anatomy, physiology and microbiology) from other colleges and universities that are at least 3 credit hours. If any course that includes a laboratory component is less than 3 credit hours, the student will take the specific course at NMU or a substitute designated by the department.
This major does not require a minor.