Athletic Coaching Education Major
Prepares students through the acquisition of knowledge, the development of physical skills and a positive attitude toward activity and fitness that will enable them to perform effectively as coaches in a variety of sports.
Students must achieve a minimum of a “C” in required courses in the major.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Total credits required for program59
- Required Courses in Major47
- Required Electives12
- Choose 12 credits from the following courses:12
- Other courses considered with adviser approval.
- HL 111 Lifespan Health (3 cr.)
- HL 230 Fitness Leadership (3 cr.)
- HN 210 Nutrition for Humans (4 cr.)
- HP 200 Physical Well Being (1 cr.)
- Recommended Electives
- PE 492 Internship in Physical Education (6-12 cr.)
- Internship in Coaching is highly recommended
This major does not require a minor.