Multimedia Production Major
This major focuses on a wide variety of production careers such as music recording and corporate video. Students use professionally equipped studios to learn concepts and apply them to create award-winning media content. The department’s labs include professional audio and video equipment using the latest digital technology such as Digidesign ProTools and Final Cut Pro.
All department majors must maintain a 2.50 grade point average in the major and earn at least a “C-” in all major courses that are required for graduation, unless otherwise noted.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major39*
- BC 473A Advanced Media Production-Audio (4 cr.) or
- BC 491 Broadcast Practicum (1-4 cr.) or2
- BC 492 Internship in Broadcasting (1-8 cr.)
- Major Electives*8
- Choose two courses from the following:
- At least one course must be 300 level or higher
- AD 134 Computer Art: Foundations (4 cr.)
- BC 410 The Documentary (4 cr.)
- BC 495 Special Topics in Broadcasting (1-4 cr.)
- SP 320 New Media Literacy (4 cr.)
*Credits required may vary depending on courses transferred from other schools (e.g. 3 cr. vs. 4 cr. courses).
This major does not require a minor.