Restaurant Operations - Associate of Applied Science
An associate of applied sciences in Restaurant Operations at NMU provides a hands-on foundation of the skills needed for entry-level positions in the food and beverage industry. With an emphasis on all functions of successful restaurant operations, the program hones student’s skills in quantity food production, customer service, purchasing, facilities management, and cost controls while providing industry certifications required for all Michigan restaurants to operate. This associate degree ladders into NMU's Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality Management.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree60
- General Education16
- Choose eight credit hours from the following categories:8
- Effective Communication Elective (4 cr.)
- Social Responsibility in a Diverse World Elective (4 cr.)
- Integrative Thinking Elective (4 cr.)
- Human Expression Elective (4cr.)
- Perspectives on Society Elective (4 cr.)
- Scientific Inquiry Elective (4-8 cr.)
- Technical Concentration28
- Other Required Course4