Art and Design Major - Associate of Applied Arts
This two-year art curriculum leads to an associate of applied arts degree in art and design.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree60
- General Education24
- Human Expression Elective*4
- Choose 12 credit hours from the following categories:12
- Quantitative Reasoning Elective (4 cr.)
- Social Responsibility in a Diverse World Elective (4-8 cr.)
- Integrative Thinking Elective (4 cr.)
- Perspectives on Society Elective (4 cr.)
- Scientific Inquiry Elective (4 cr.)
- Major Courses**24
- Art History Elective chosen from the following:4
- Foundations Studio
- 2D Studio selected from AD 117, AD 119, or AD 1204
- 3D Studio selected from AD 111, AD 116, AD 122, AD 123, or AD 1244
- Digital Studio selected from AD 112, AD 118, or AD 1344
- Art and Design Electives***8
- 100 and 200 level courses
*Courses used for General Education must be selected from the approved list of courses in the bulletin.
**AD 181 may not be used for Art and Design electives or art history credit.
***For students that may later pursue a BA, BS, or BFA degree, a 100 and 200-level course sequence in a concentration is recommended (for example, the illustration concentration would include AD 119 and 219). Concentrations include ceramics, computer art, digital cinema, drawing/painting, graphic design, human centered design, illustration, metalsmithing/sculpture, photography, and woodworking/furniture design.