Theatre and Entertainment Arts Major - Bachelor of Arts
This degree focuses on the student and their particular needs. It combines both classroom and hands on education to create a well-rounded theatre generalist. The foundation of the curriculum is an equal mix of performance and technical theatre courses giving the student a solid launching pad in which to select their specific theatre electives. The elective requirements allow each student to build their specific education experience along with help from our dedicated faculty.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Theatre and Entertainment Arts Major62
- TH 260 Dramatic Lit (4 cr.)
- Must be repeated four times for credit.
- Theatre Electives28
- Must take a minimum of 28 credits from the following:28
- TH 140 Stage Electronics (2 cr.)
- TH 143 Costume Construction (2 cr.)
- TH 234 Makeup Studio (2 cr.)
- TH 245 Voice and Movement (4 cr.)
- TH 247 Performance Studio (4 cr.)
- May be taken three times with different content for credit.
- TH 330 Acting 2 (4 cr.)
- TH 331 Advanced Stagecraft (4 cr.)
- TH 333 Scenic Painting (2 cr.)
- TH 334 Casting and Molding (2 cr.)
- TH 340 Programming for Lighting (2 cr.)
- TH 341 Stage Properties (2 cr.)
- TH 440 Advanced Lighting Design (4 cr.)
- TH 441 Advanced Scenic Design (4 cr.)
- TH 443 Advanced Costume Design (4 cr.)
- TH 453 Advanced Stage Management (4 cr.)
- DAN 201 Beginning Ballet Technique (2 cr.) or
- DAN 301 Intermediate Ballet Technique (2 cr.) or
- DAN 203 Beginning Jazz Technique (2 cr.) or
- DAN 303 Intermediate Jazz Technique (2 cr.) or
- DAN 403 Advanced Jazz Technique (2 cr.)
- DAN 204 Beginning Tap Dance (1 cr.) or
- DAN 304 Dance Improvisation (1 cr.) or
- DAN 404 Dance Management (2 cr.)
- Foreign Language Requirement4
- Course in Foreign Language at the 202 level or higher*4
* Students unable to complete the language requirement may be given the option of a Bachelor of Science degree.
This major does not require a minor.