Secondary Education Earth Science Minor (currently not accepting students)
New students will not be accepted into the program at this time. Contact department for more information.
Students with a major or minor in secondary earth science education must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Minor22-30*
- Geography Electives6-8
- Choose from the following:
- GC 202 Soils (4 cr.)
- GC 225 Introduction to Maps (2 cr.)
- GC 365 Historical Geology (4 cr.)
- GC 370 Geomorphology (4 cr.)
- GC 390 Oceanography (2 cr.)
- *Not required if major is biology education, chemistry education, physics education or integrated science education.
*MSED 340 and MSED 350 will double count if your major is biology education, earth science education, physics education or integrated science education.
Grades earned in methods courses are calculated with courses in the professional education sequence in the major.
Note: MA 111 is a prerequisite for many courses.