Applied Exercise Science and Health Major
Students in the applied exercise science and health degree program will prepare for careers in this broad field that could include cardiac rehabilitation, gerontology, medically supervised fitness, strength and conditioning, personal training, group exercise instruction, community health and sport and fitness management. Students will share a strong foundational core of classes and choose a concentration area in their junior year for advanced course work leading to career advancing knowledge, and / or preparation for nationally recognized certifications and graduate degree admissions.
Applied Exercise Science and Health majors must achieve a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher in all major courses. In addition, students are expected to follow a lifestyle commensurate with their professional aspirations.
For related information please see: http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Certification=American_College_of_Sports_Medicine_(ACSM)/Salary.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Applied Exercise Science and Health Core Courses60
- Electives from HL, ES, HPE, PE, or others with Advisor Approval8
- Choose one concentration from the following:
- Clinical Exercise Science19
- Sport Performance and Fitness Leadership21
- Sport and Fitness Management19
- MGT, MKT, FIN, ACT or ESPR Elective with Advisor Approval4
- Community Health21
This major does not require a minor.