Criminal Justice - Associate of Science
On-Campus and Online through NMU Global Campus
This degree is designed for a smooth transition into the bachelor’s degree program for students who choose to continue their education after receiving the associate degree.
All criminal justice and loss prevention courses used for the associate degree in criminal justice must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree60
- General Education32
- Quantitative Reasoning and Analysis Elective4
- Social Responsibility in a Diverse World Elective4
- Integrative Thinking Elective4
- Human Expression Elective4
- Perspectives on Society Elective4
- Scientific Inquiry Elective4
- Required Courses in Major24
- Criminal Justice Electives*16
- General Electives4
*Other approved CJ course work (e.g., transfer credit or newly approved CJ courses) at the 200-400 level (except CJ 491 Internship), not listed, may be used to satisfy the requirements in the CJ elective area. CJ 491 Internship will count in the general elective area.
1. No more than 4 credits of CJ 191 and/or CJ 298 may be applied toward this degree. CJ 191 and CJ 298 do not apply toward the major in the bachelor’s degree.
2. This degree requires an overall 2.0 GPA.
3. All criminal justice courses used in the major require a minimum grade of "C".